Problem: I have to paste formatting to many sections of a report.
- Double-click the Format Painter.
Here is an example:
- Select the original range and double-click the Format Painter icon. The Format Painter icon will stay lit. The mouse pointer is a paint brush.
- Click the top-left cell of the first destination range. As you click each top-left cell, the formats from the entire original range will be copied to a similar-shaped area.
- Three format painter clicks copies the format three times.
- When you are done copying formats, you need to exit Format Painter mode. Either press Esc or click the Format Painter again.