Problem: My manager loves my reports with automatic subtotals but he wants the entire row in bold, not just the Subtotal By column.
Strategy: Visible Cells Only will again save the day.
- Add subtotals to the data set.
- Click the 2 Group & Outline button to display only the subtotals.
- Select all data except the headings.
- Press Ctrl+; to select the visible cells.
- Apply Bold. Choose a fill color. Go to a bigger font. Live it up.
- Click the 3 Group & Outline button. You've formatted only the total rows.
- Format only the subtotal rows.