Problem: What is the point of an exploded pie? It doesn't look any better than a pie.
- Adding white spaces between wedges doesn't add anything.
Strategy: It is better to explode one slice of a pie. If you want to draw the reader's attention to one slice of the pie, bring that slice to the front of the chart and explode that slice of the pie.
- Identify the pie slice that you want to highlight.
- Right-click the pie and choose Format Data Series.
- Use the Rotation slider to bring that slice of the pie to the 4 o'clock position. There is more room for the pie slice at that point.
- Rotate the chart.
- In the chart, do a single click twice on the wedge to be exploded.
- Click and drag that wedge out from the center of the pie.
- Explode one slice of the pie to call attention to that slice..