Problem: I have 10 kazillion records in an Access table. I would like to create a pivot table for this data.
Strategy: You can create a connection to the Access table and build the pivot table in Excel. Follow these steps:
- Start with a blank Excel workbook.
- Select Data, From Access.
- Browse to your Access database and click Open.
- The Select Table dialog shows a list of all the tables and queries in the database. The Type column says VIEW for queries and TABLE for tables. Choose the desired query or table and click OK.
- In the Import Data dialog that appears, choose to create a pivot table report and click OK.
Results: Excel will display the PivotTable Field List dialog, with all the fields from your table or query.