Problem: The auditing arrows are confusing. Can I simply color the precedent or dependent cells?
Strategy: Use Go To Special. Follow these steps.
- Select one cell in your worksheet.
- Choose Home, Find & Select, Go To Special
- In Go To Special choose Precedents.
- You now have a choice. Do you want only the direct precedents or all precedents.
- Choose Direct Only or All Levels.
- Click OK. Excel selects all of the cells that are precedents or dependents.
- Open the paint bucket menu on the Home tab and choose a color. You now have a permanent indicator of the precedents or dependents.
Gotcha: This method will not mark the off-sheet precedents or off-sheet dependents.