Problem: My data is already in Excel. I need to transform the data. I need to unpivot the month data.
- Unpivot this data.
Follow these steps:
- Select one cell inside your data set.
- First, convert your data set to a table using Ctrl+T.
- Choose Power Query, From Table.
- In the Query Editor, click on the Jan heading to select that column.
- Shift+Click on the Dec column to select all the columns between Jan and Dec.
- On the Transform tab, select Unpivot Columns.
- Optionally, rename the Attribute column to be Month.
- On the Home tab, choose Close and Load.
You will see a new worksheet with the results.
- If the underlying data changes, you can refresh this query.