This page is an advertiser-supported excerpt of the book, Learn Excel 2007-2010 from MrExcel - 512 Excel Mysteries Solved. If you like this topic, please consider buying the entire e-book.
Explode One Slice of the Pie
Problem: What is the point of an exploded pie? It doesn’t look any better than a pie.
Figure 1024 Adding white spaces between wedges doesn’t add anything.
Strategy: It is better to explode one slice of a pie. If you want to draw the reader’s attention to one slice of the pie, bring that slice to the front of the chart and explode that slice of the pie.
1. Identify the pie slice that you want to highlight.
2. Right-click the pie and choose Format Data Series.
3. Use the Rotation slider to bring that slice of the pie to the 4 o’clock position. There is more room for the pie slice at that point.
Figure 1025 Rotate the chart.
4. In the chart, do a single click twice on the wedge to be exploded.
5. Click and drag that wedge out from the center of the pie.
Figure 1026 Explode one slice of the pie to call attention to that slice..
<-Previous Topic Next Topic->
For more resources for Microsoft Excel: