- Excel Book Excerpt
Excel Format the Subtotal Rows
This page is an advertiser-supported excerpt of the book, Learn Excel 2007-2010 from MrExcel - 512 Excel Mysteries Solved. If you like this topic, please consider buying the entire e-book.
Format the Subtotal Rows
Problem: My manager loves my reports with automatic subtotals but he wants the entire row in bold, not just the Subtotal By column.
Strategy: Visible Cells Only will again save the day.
1. Add subtotals to the data set.
2. Click the 2 Group & Outline button to display only the subtotals.
3. Select all data except the headings.
4. Press Ctrl+; to select the visible cells.
5. Apply Bold. Choose a fill color. Go to a bigger font. Live it up.
6. Click the 3 Group & Outline button. You’ve formatted only the total rows.
Figure 671 Format only the subtotal rows.
For more resources for Microsoft Excel: